Thursday 8 May 2008

Your face

The world is a lonely and cold place,
Especially this time I can’t see your face,
Everything is misty, everything unclear,
Lost in the fog, where are you, my dear?

I’ve waited for so long but no shadows,
No solid picture of you through that door,
Waiting on the porch for you every night,
But you are still out of sight.

Should I start counting the stars in the sky?
Or should I start to learn how to fly?
Maybe if I pray a little more,
Will you return to this very core?

So many questions, so many tears,
None answer and leads to fears,
Not knowing if I will ever be alright,
I am holding on without any light.

The bed is made and it is cold,
Without you here, I am growing old,
No one to turn to, no one to hold,
This is not a fairytale that I was once told…
“Princess was locked up in a high tower,
The prince has strength, that is his power,
Safe the princess with a kiss,
Through their ups and downs they found bliss,
Before getting married, they found lots of laughter,
Only then, they have their happily ever after”.

I laid awake and drowned in my own tears,
Will I ever get the answer to my prayers?
Should I keep on waiting in this cruel place?
I just hope that one day I will see your face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what can i say? You are a writer in the makings...